Advanced – A Simple WhatsApp Clone on iOS using Firebase
This course teaches you how to use Google Firebase as a backend for your app.
Traditional development uses a server and these are costly and time consuming to setup.
Google Firebase helps us avoid this headache, giving us a production ready server that we can deploy immediately.
To explore the topic we will be making a very simple WhatsApp clone. Using this clone we will touch on the concepts of authentication and connection to a real time database.
You will also benefit from my experience with Firebase, which is quite substantial over the years!
By the end you’ll have an app that mimics a basic version of WhatsApp!
Here’s what you’ll be able to do by the end:
- Check for Firebase authentication
- Present a login or register screen for Firebase
- Allow a user to reset their password via email
- Set up the realtime database connection
- Enter and send messages
- Receive messages to the app in real time
This is a great way to deep dive into Firebase and get an understanding that you can use for any app that requires a server!
What Will I Learn?
- Understand Firebase Auth
- Understand Real Time Databases
- Understand Implementation on iOS